Everybody can write an essay or a speech, but it is difficult to prepare lyrics for a song. Every song is made depending upon the genre and scene on which it will be played. Lyrics and music should bring emotions and melodies together. You can definitely become a songwriter, but to become a successful songwriter you need to understand the art of music.
There is a lot of music prepared every day all over the world. Every age group and community loves listening to music. Songwriters and musicians prepare music for every mood. Preparing a song requires a lot of time and patience. It is all about feeling from within to make it personal. Darwin Song Project is an online site where you can learn various tips or guides to convert into a songwriter. They have various information on entertainment, dance, songs, events, etc. that help an individual to gain some knowledge.
Here are some tips that may help you. It might sound illogical, but trust me Elvis Presley would also have agreed to it –
- According to Tom Waits, Aleatory music is the correct way of composing music for a song. In this process two to three or maybe more radios are played together to catch overlaps that tune together.
- Since everyone is trying to makes exclusive songs that are remembered for years, therefore you need special concentration and attention to create something unique. This can be done only when you have absolute silence in the room and distraction like cellphones or computer.
- Don’t talk to anyone for a day because it takes a lot of effort for brain to concentrate on one thing, and talking to someone can distract you immediately. Just spend the whole day alone memorizing and feeling the song to gather inspiration.
- Don’t keep million options open, but set a limitation to your ideas. This way you will not go haywire while making a song as the choices are limited.
- The finest way to begin with a song is to write some words according to the theme that comes to your mind. Later, gather those words together to fit them within lines.
- If you wish to be a great songwriter, you require to practice every day. This might sound boring or monotonous, but your brain should work constantly in one direction for perfection.
- Being a solo performer isn’t bad as a beginner, but eventually, you should partner with another songwriter. Composing with another musician gives ideas, extra knowledge and fills up the gap sometimes.
- Once you’re compatible with your partner, you can try working with several people in group. When you’re open to a group, you’re open to ideas and suggestions, and that can sometimes provide unique composition.
- If you’re stuck with song of a particular genre, then leave it for some time and switch to another song. There isn’t any harm in doing so because it will give you some refreshment and then you can start back.
- The major benefit of a songwriter is that they can derive lyrics from an ordinary conversation. Therefore, keep pen and paper handy every time to write some important lines that are used during conversations which you may think can be used in future.
Always try something new and don’t stick to some type of music, notes, lyrics, and instruments. Music is loved all over the world, therefore to remain in competitive market, always learn new experiences.